Sunday, May 5, 2013

Favorites

(Starting from top left)
  1.  P!nk's "Just Give Me a Reason to Love ft. Nate Reuss". It's an awesome pop ballad that features Fun's lead singer Nate Ruess. Loving the lyrics -- "I let you see the parts of me / That weren't all that pretty / And with every touch you fixed them" and "It's been written in the scars on our hearts / That we're just broken not bent / And we can learn to love again". The music video is very creepy, so I'd suggest just sticking with the audio and foregoing the visuals.
  2. I first learned of Brain Pickings after it was profiled in the New Yorker. All of the content is written by Maria Popova and is essentially a website filled with curiosity, insight, and creativity, spanning topics of design, philosophy, science, love, literature, and art (among many others). One of her recent posts that I loved (and that can definitely be applied to world of blogging) was her post on "Brand Thinking". The post looks into the ways in which we constantly brand ourselves through a series of interviews -- "A brand is a promise... A promise of what you can expect if you engage in the experience".
  3. My friend Ahna just sent me the link to Alternative Apparel after I had admired her backless cotton t-shirt. Fundamentally simple, the designs have a worn-in look and are deliciously comfortable. 
  4. Finally my favorite blog -- The Wiegands. Written by Casey Leigh, a mother, artist, wife, and business owner, I am always so inspired after reading her posts. Through my blog I'm definitely striving to reach the same level of honesty and creativity that her blog consistently puts forth.

3 comments:

  1. I have been so obsessed with P!nk's latest song. Which is so weird cause I don't even really like her but the song is so good!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not yet heard of Pink's new song, but I suppose that I will check it out. :p

    Brain Pickings does, however, seem interesting to me. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog!
    Now following!
    I am looking forward to keeping up and getting to know you through your blog!

    I also have a blog design site. If you ever need a custom blog design, check it out!
    christinaloranedesigns.blogspot.com

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete