Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BARRE

Looking rejuvenated/exhausted/sweaty following the class!

i went to my first Barre class with my roomie Ahna today @Fuel Pilates in Georgetown

...it KICKED MY BUTT!

so much pulsing
too many 'get lower's
huge droplets of sweat
fear of ensuing soreness

Barre is basically a stand-up Pilates class that takes place using the ballet barre
it's aggressively expensive, but they did a student discount which i took advantage of (so close to no more student discounts....)

i grew up dancing (modern, ballet, etc.) so i naively thought i would be fine, but  it quickly became (very) evident that it's been way too long

i miss working out, i miss pushing my body to the limit that it was designed to meet

i've always been able to get by, but i'm about to start on the next stage of my life and i really want to be able to give it all that i've got

approach each day feeling my best, looking my best

time to finally make up for all of those lost New Year's Resolutions

No comments:

Post a Comment