Tuesday, April 30, 2013

LA Mission Trip, Summer 2013

i have exciting news!!
i have been waiting to finalize... but last week i was contacted by my former youth leader from my church at home (westminister presbyterian) and she asked if i would be interested in being an adult leader on the high school mission trip this summer to Los Angeles

and after finalizing my other summer plans (graduation, road trip)... i said yes!

i LOVED the summer mission trips when i was in high school -- through them i was able to travel to New Orleans (following Hurricaine Katrina), Chicago (to help with the Southeast District), and Tijuana (to help with an orphanage)

through those trips i was able to give back to communities in need through both sharing the Lord's message and also using my hands and my heart on the ground -- working with kids, rebuilding houses, feeding the hungry. 
when i was on those trips i felt SO close to God, felt Him guiding me whenever I was uncomfortable/scared/unsure (which was pretty often)

on this trip we will be leaving june 16, returning june 22
we will be working for "All People's Community Center" in South-Central LA and helping with all of their programs (day care, tutoring, food pantry)

with a group of 25 high school students i'm a little nervous, but believe that God will guide me through and help me connect with them :)

reminiscing about my high school mission trips....


No comments:

Post a Comment